You will be required to:
• Research, plan and write expedition plans.
• Write Risk Assessments.
• Develop medical and evacuation plans for extremely remote locations.
• Plan budgets.
• On occasions, recce new areas.
• Develop and maintain relationships with in country contacts. Liaise with local officials, NGOs, companies.
• Be responsible for all aspects of leadership and management on remote expeditions, including, but not limited to:
a. Liaising, employing and managing local staff/contractors.
b. Organising and coordinating all administration.
c. Control of expedition budget.
d. Liaising with local institutions (NGO’s, Government Agencies).
e. Leadership and management of expedition team.
f. Risk assessment and safety management.
g. Contingency, incident and emergency management.
h. Responsible for all decisions made during the expedition.
i. Production of post expedition report and accounts.
You will likely have the following experience:
• A history of proven expedition leadership experience in challenging situations.
• Developed new expeditions in remote locations worldwide.
• Proven budget management skills.
• An in depth working knowledge of risk and safety management.
• Wilderness Medic qualified.
• Professional qualifications (e.g. Summer Mountain Leader) are preferred but not required.
If you would like to apply, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short covering e mail.
We will then meet up with you for an interview. The interviews are designed so we can get to know you and if successful, you will be loaded onto our database of expedition leaders and contacted if we have an appropriate short term contract job opportunity in the future.