How do I prepare for an expedition?
On a Secret Compass expedition, we give you all the information you require in the “Joining Instructions” we send out, but there will be some work required by you.
- Bureaucracy – make sure you read this section carefully in the "Joining Instructions" to ensure you get the correct visas and have the correct paperwork.
- Flights – you will have to organize your own flights, we suggest an option, but it is up to you how you arrive or depart.
- Insurance – crucial! See the insurance paragraph in FAQs or in the Joining Instructions.
- Fitness – if you are unsure about the fitness requirements please speak to us, we will be more than happy to assist you and send you a specific training program for the expedition you are going on, or you can download a general program here in PDF format - Training Guide.
- Kit – there is a comprehensive kit list in the Joining Instructions, we are happy to advise on specifics. See also “What kit, clothing and equipment do I need for expeditions” in FAQs.