It’s immense, vast… you get it. Alaska is big. Escape the suffocation of the daily grind, and find space to breathe on this award-winning airborne adventure. Arriving in McCarthy, you’ll travel to your home for the next few days; a rustic family-run lodge nestled into the hillside on the edge on the Chitina river. From here, you’ll enjoy the luxury of your own private plane, ready to help you explore the waiting wilderness of the Wrangell – St Elias National Park.
Meandering braided rivers, long-stretching sandbars and inhospitable mountains make for unforgiving hiking terrain and road foundations. Equipped with wider and softer ‘bush wheels’, your plane will be capable of landing just about anywhere, offering unparalleled views and a route to the furthest reaches of the National Park.
With the personal use of your plane and local pilot, you’ll spend the next few days doing truly what you please. Take a new hike one day, and keep your eyes peeled from the plane to spot giant grizzly bears the next. Trek the cold grip of the glaciers, or relax by the river with your fishing line and practice the art of patience to earn your catch. There is no itinerary here, rather simple guidance by nature offering you the true spirit of adventure; the unexpected.
- Exclusive use of your own private plane.
- Soar above rivers, marshlands, mountains, forests and glaciers.
- Unlimited adventure potential; hiking, glacier trekking, flying, fishing, river-paddling.
- Look out for bears and moose.
- Freedom to explore the Alaskan wilderness at your own pace.
- Dedicated, knowledgeable pilot.
- Friendly, family run lodge cabins.
- Luxury, off-grid cabin for relaxing after action-packed days.