Jobs at SCHQ
Digital Manager ** applications for this role have now closed and we are finalising our shortlist **
Secret Compass are recruiting a creative Digital Manager to lead with our strong digital presence – the role is for 3 days per week based out of our Bristol office.
The key focus of this role is to manage the company’s online presence through the range of Secret Compass websites. This is primarily through writing and updating copy and managing photo and video to communicate our product effectively to clients. It also involves managing and improving the customer interface through the website and having a key understanding of optimising the site for search to meet targets.
** applications for this role have now closed and we are finalising our shortlist **
Information for leaders
Secret Compass recruits leaders and project staff on a contract-by-contract basis. We do not recruit medics. We are always looking to build our database of expedition professionals to call upon for short-term contracts, generally of two to six weeks. Remuneration will be dependant on experience. Secret Compass needs leaders with significant experience leading groups of adults in remote, challenging and often hostile terrain. We are a small team and so are not able to advise on getting into the industry, though our Journal (The Compass) is full of useful insight and advice on this front.
Leaders are required to:
- Research, plan and write expedition plans.
- Write Risk Assessments.
- Develop medical and evacuation plans for extremely remote locations.
- Plan budgets.
- On occasions, recce new areas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with in country contacts.
- Liaise with local officials, NGOs, companies.
- Be responsible for all aspects of leadership and management on remote expeditions such as:
- Liaising, employing and managing local staff/contractors.
- Organising and coordinating all administration.
- Control of expedition budget.
- Liaising with local institutions (NGO’s, Government Agencies).
- Leadership and management of expedition team.
- Risk assessment and safety management.
- Contingency, incident and emergency management.
- Responsible for all decisions made during the expedition.
- Production of post-expedition reports (PXRs) and accounts.
You’ll probably have…
- A history of proven expedition leadership experience in challenging situations.
- Experience of leading adult groups.
- Developed new expeditions in remote locations worldwide, either commercially or independently.
- Proven budget management skills.
- An in-depth working knowledge of risk and safety management.
- Wilderness Medic qualifications.
- Professional qualifications (e.g. Mountain Leader); preferred but not required.
To join our Expedition Leader Database, please email your CV and if suitable we will add you to our database. We are a very small team so you might not get a response to your submission.
We no longer recruit expedition medics.