** THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED – THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST – FIND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES HERE **
Secret Compass is a Bristol-based adventure company. Our expeditions and projects seek to achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places. As a growing company, Secret Compass are recruiting a creative Digital Manager to lead with our strong digital presence – the role is for 3 days per week based out of our Bristol office.
Outline of role
The key focus of this role is to manage the company’s online presence through the range of Secret Compass websites. This is primarily through writing and updating copy and managing photo and video content to communicate our product effectively to clients. The role also involves managing and improving the customer’s journey and interactions through the website, and having a key understanding of optimising the site for search. You will also pick up some other elements within the marketing mix as required, including assisting other members of the Communications Team.
You will have a proven track record of developing and managing websites, with excellent copy-writing skills and an eye for design. A working knowledge of WordPress is critical and an understanding of SEO and website optimisation is key. It is also a huge help if you have an active interest in the adventure community and relate to and enjoy consuming the product you will be spending days selling.
Key areas of responsibility
- Website copy. Drafting, updating and refreshing website copy.
- Images. Managing the image database and updating and refreshing website images.
- Customer interface. Refining the customer journey and leading with web redesign as required, including use of WordPress.
- Web optimisation. Ensuring the site and individual pages are optimised for organic search.
- Analytics. Understanding and use of Google Analytics to feed back into marketing strategy.
- Google Ads. Managing any ad spend with Google.
- Website management. Tasking and managing web design and maintenance.
- Other areas. Assisting with customer facing sales as required. Assisting with and covering other areas in the communications department including content creation and social media.
Life at SCHQ
We’re a fun bunch over here, fuelled by tea and biscuits (and the occasional G&T!) with al-fresco working and BBQs in summer, dogs welcome in the office and regular staff days out – recent excursions have included coasteering, horse riding, SUPing and mountain biking. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also benefit from 20 days annual leave pro-rata (increasing each year), a generous staff expedition policy, kit discounts and flexible working.